Department for Communities and Local Government
The Department for Communities and Local Government's job is to create great places to live and work, and to give more power to local people to shape what happens in their area.
- supporting local government by giving them the power to act for their community - without interference from central government
- helping communities and neighbourhoods to solve their own problems so neighbourhoods are strong, attractive and thriving
- working with local enterprise partnerships and enterprise zones to help the private sector grow
- making the planning system work more efficiently and effectively
- supporting local fire and rescue authorities so that they’re able to respond to emergencies and reduce the number and impact of fires